The Department of Civil Engineering had its inception at the Ramapuram Campus in 2009-10. The department offers 4 Years UG Programme in B.Tech Civil Engineering and 2 Years PG Programme in M.Tech Structural Engineering & M Tech – Construction Engineering & Management. The Department is aiming at the development of student community to face the future world with, latest technical knowledge through research, good leadership qualities, industry-institution interaction and spirit of competence. The department is equipped with faculty members imparting high quality of discipline and engineering education.
Vision of the Department
- To develop core competence.
- To bring out the best out of every individual student in both technical and interpersonal skills.
- To meet the growing global challenges in research.
- To become a center of excellence in the field of Civil Engineering.
We believe that
- Every person is unique and deserves the opportunity to achieve his/her potential.
- Each individual has responsibility for his/her actions and the resulting consequences.
- Diversity strengthens individuals and the community.
- Learning is an essential lifelong process.
- The classroom is one in which the potential for learning is open and free to every student.
Mission of the Department
To facilitate students with success in learning and be dedicated to their individual development in attitude, skills, knowledge, and responsibility – that is essential for successful achievement in college and society.
To fulfill our Mission, We are committed to a strong and comprehensive educational program and learning environment which enhances self esteem, provides role models, optimizes each student potential, develops a lifelong love of learning, builds personal responsibility, and accentuates individual respect.
Unique Features of the Department
- The aim of the department of civil engineering is to ensure that graduates will have a mastery of fundamental knowledge, problem solving skills, engineering experimental abilities, and design capabilities necessary for entering civil engineering career and/or pursuing higher studies and to prepare students to enter a modern civil engineering workforce and to be successful in their career and profession.
- To fulfill our Mission, we are committed to a strong and comprehensive educational program and learning environment which enhances self esteem, provides role models, optimizes student potential develops a lifelong love of learning, builds personal responsibility, and accentuates individual respect.
- To provide quality education for successful career and higher studies in Civil Engineering that emphasizes academic and technical excellence in profession and research, effective communication, team work and leadership to meet the challenges of the society.
- To make four-year degrees more accessible by providing high quality programs.
- To provide career programs that meets the needs of students and employers.
- To provide opportunities for personal growth and cultural enrichment.
- To deliver support programs to help students achieve their goals.
- To foster institutional diversity that reflects the demographic and cultural characteristics of our community.
- To lead in the creation of partnerships that fosters the economic development of the region.