About the department
The department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) at SRM Institute of Science and Technology was established in the year 2004 with the aim of imparting quality education to students and bring out the best in them. The key goal of the department is to provide best IT infrastructure, world class learning and research environment, adopt industry practices through industry collaborations and inculcate moral and ethical values. With students hailing from all States and union territories of India, the department was established to meet the demand for well-qualified computer professionals. The promptness of the students to learn makes it easier for the industry-trained experienced faculty to produce top-notch engineers who are being recruited by reputed companies all over the world. The department is renowned for imparting state of the art undergraduate education and preparing its students for real world challenges. The department is accredited by NAAC as Grade A++ and placed by MHRD in category A. Our alumni have done extremely well which include managing top companies, designing revolutionary products, and contributing to fundamental research.
To become a world class department in imparting high quality knowledge and in providing students a unique learning and research experience in Computer Science and Engineering.
- To impart knowledge in cutting edge technologies on part with industrial standards.
- To collaborate with renowned academic institutions in research and development.
- To instill societal and ethical responsibilities in all professional activities.
Students graduated from our department were doing/completed their masters in various reputed institutions all over the world. Some of the universities are
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Harvard university
- University of Southern California
- University of Texas at Dallas
- University College Dublin
- University of Dayton
- 100% Placement Record for the past 6 Academic years.
- An average of 200+ companies visiting every year.
- Super dream offers so far :
- 18 Lakhs per annum – Amazon (2020 batch)
- 17 Lakhs per annum – Nutanix (2019 batch)
- 39 Lakhs per annum – Adobe systems (2019 batch)
Internship and SAP
- More than 230 Students are currently doing their internships in top MNCs like Infosys, CTS, TCS, Amazon, etc.,
- An average of 40% of final year students started their Internship from the 8th semester onwards.
- 20 students have registered in SAP(Semester abroad program) in past 5 years, which gives ample opportunities to study in one or more semesters in World level universities during their UG level program.