About the department
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was started in the year 2004. The department offers a four year B. Tech Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering. The course offers and covers versatile concepts in major fields of engineering and technology which leads to wide career opportunities. ECE has well established research labs in the fields of VLSI, Communication and Signal Processing. The department is committed to achieve academic excellence in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering and also promoting R&D activities in the field of Signal Processing, VLSI & Embedded System, Digital image processing and Biomedical Instrumentation.
ECE Department prepares students to pursue leadership, technical, and management positions in a variety of industries. Students have obtained placements at leading companies such as Infosys, TCS, Mindtree, Wipro and Cognizant Technologies. Some are pursuing their higher studies in prestigious institutions in India and abroad. Our students undergo Semester Abroad Program and are winged to MIT, TEXAS in USA, University of Wisconsin & Michigan University. The department is associated with professional bodies like IETE and IE(I) for faculty and students to enhance their research activities.
Most faculty members are accomplished doctorates and postgraduates with considerable research and academic experience. The department has specialists from the fields of Device Electronics, Signal Processing, Microwave & Optical Engineering, Wireless Communication, Embedded Systems and VLSI Design.
- Department of ECE is dedicated to create and disseminate knowledge in the area of Electronics and Communication Engineering through internationally accredited educational process.
- The Department will offer a unique learning experience to the students.
- The Department is determined to prepare them as highly ethical and competent professionals, who in turn will work for the betterment of mankind through technology innovation and management.
- Build an educational process that is well suited to local needs as well as satisfies the international accreditation requirements.
- Attract the right people and retain them by building an environment that fosters work freedom and empowerment.
- With the right talent pool, create knowledge and disseminate, get involved in collaborative research with reputed universities and produce competent graduates.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
|Name of the program||B.Tech -Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE), Ramapuram Campus|
|Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)||PEO1: Graduates will perform as a successful professional engineer in related fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
PEO2: Graduates will pursue higher education and/or engage themselves in continuous professional development to meet global standards.
PEO3: Graduates will work as a team in diverse fields and gradually move into leadership positions.
PEO4: Graduates will understand current professional issues, apply latest technologies and come out with innovative solutions for the betterment of the nation and society.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics,science,and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments,as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate,and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in the global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.